If you would like to apply to play an NPC and be on our "Think Tank" team instead, we have a different set of requirements for them. They will not be involved in mod decisions at all, but will be heavily involved in the game plot as they will be the ones to play our NPCS.
- Daimonia (immediately)
- Peromei (immediately)
- Elios (future)
Think Tank Requirements:
- Ability to track and keep up with the Arehtei Scheduler post, where audiences with their designated Arehtei will be requested
- Ability to follow through with and complete threads involving their Arehtei in the Catch All logs
- Ability to contribute to developing Arehtei Domains and information as requested by the mod team which may include helping with events that heavily include the Arehtei
- Creative flexibility to continue a consistent portrayal of the Arehtei, and development.
- Willingness to communicate with the rest of the Think Tank and Mod Team regarding Arehtei developments
- Communicating your schedule and availability to the rest of the Think Tank and Mod Team should you become unavailable for long stretches of time.
- Time to devote to heavier volume Arehtei event threads as needed
- Dedication to the game and the role to be a stable and reliable fixture on the Think Tank team for a good length of time.
- Ability to contribute creatively to events and world building in the game as a whole
All applications are screened! We will respond and contact individual applications after Mid-May with further questions, followups or decisions. Final Mod decisions will be announced to the game at large after applicants have been notified.
-- Deal with the fact his 170 year quest for vengeance is resolved (not in the way he expected, but) and figuring out what to do with himself.
-- Get out more.
-- Deal with his feelings about his family: Ky, Dizzy, Sin, Jack-O, and the Valentine sisters.
-- Deal with the fact Dizzy is his daughter and he is not at all suited to being a father.
-- Someone sees what he really looks like.
-- Do something heroic.
-- Do something not heroic.
-- Beat some sense into some kids.
-- Do SCIENCE. Experimenting, engineering, build something, etc.
-- Someone realizes he is a genius instead of a lughead.
-- Mentor some kids in his not very good at it way.
-- People/persons find out he isn't human.
-- People/persons find out about his past (Aria, That Man, Justice, the Crusades, the Gears, etc).
-- Get more fatherly-like with the Valentine sisters
-- Stupid antics with Sin
-- Butting heads with Ky
-- Get more actually fatherly with Dizzy
-- Awkward with Jack-O
( DON'T CLICK ON THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT BERSERIA/ZESTIRIA SPOILERS )
( Read more... )
GEARS, MAGIC, the BACKYARD, and the FLAME OF CORRUPTION:
The easiest way to think of Gears is to think of them as man-made demons. They have some unique qualities that distance themselves from demons, yokai, etc, but it's a good enough analogy. They are scary, super powered magic creatures.
Gears are made of Gear Cells, which are essentially bio-engineered cells fused with magic and possessing a connection to the Backyard. The Backyard is essentially another dimension that is the source of all magic, among other things. Magic is not limited to Gears and is able to be used by anyone with knowledge and effort.
The Flame of Corruption is metaphysical entity (comparable to a god or spirit born when reality began, but it does not seem to possess any self awareness) responsible for keeping the tangible world or the Backyard stable.
Sol is a Gear so he possesses Gear Cells. The Flame of Corruption is sealed within his core. These two things combined give him his agelessness, regeneration, unnatural magic, and strength.
-- Normal appearance img
-- True form img
-- Junkyard Dog MK III reference (inactive + active) img
-- Fire Wheel MK II reference img
-- Gear brand reference img
I was willing to just sit back and let the voting happen quietly, but someone decided to start openly campaigning for a candidate, so I figure that means I'm allowed to as well. I have two, actually.
Sora for King and Usagi for Queen.
They're practically twins, honestly. That's why I think it'd be pretty great if they got to be King and Queen together.